The Mind | Easy Ways to Relieve Stress
Below are a few simple ways to relieve your stress. They have personally helped me through the years and I hope they can do the same for you!
1. Exercise Exercising is one of the best stress relievers. You will literally feel lighter afterwards. Working out releases the happy chemical known as dopamine into your brain. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter in the brain that helps to provide us with feelings of pleasure and happiness. Go for a run or search YouTube for a quick workout and let that stress go!
2. Light a Candle and Take a Bath One of my personal favorite pass times is grabbing a nice bath bomb from Lush Cosmetics and soaking in the tub. Taking a bath after a long day is not only relaxing, but you can also wash away the filth of the day. Never heard of a bath bomb? You better get you one!
3. Write It Out With all the thoughts going through your head, I’m sure taking a little time to clear some space in there would do your mind some good. Take out a notepad, journal, or simply go into your notes on your phone and just write. List what makes you happy, sad, or frustrated. Write a song that you have no intentions of sharing. Just write. You’ll feel at ease.
4. Spend Time With Friends and Family They may be the ones to cause you stress sometimes, but I bet you their power to make you feel good outweighs that. We all need our “me” time, but we also need communication and touch. We’re humans, believe it or not. Being in contact with others is vital for our well-being. In psychology, they've even shown the effects of children being deprived of attention, touch, and care. It’s real y’all, but that’s a blog post for another time. Take some time to enjoy the company of your loved ones. They have the ability to lift your spirits.
5. Laugh Watch a comedy or funny videos on Facebook. Do silly things with your friends and/or significant other and just laugh. Don’t take life so serious. There’s nothing wrong with letting loose and finding enjoyment in the humorous things. With all the chaos going on in the world, a good laugh will make you feel better.